Resources & Things to do...
TMobile tilbyr dette: https://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/prepaid-phone/t-mobile-tourist-sim-activation-kit
HAR DU FLERE som bør legges til listen, vennligst send en email til Lisbeth Smestad.
Denne listen ble påbegynt in 2015, så det er mulig at ikke alle lenkene virker
CLUBS - check their websites, they have many interesting meetings:
SV Forum: http://www.svforum.org/calendar-node-field-event-date/month
The Commonwealth Club: http://www.commonwealthclub.org/ - har eventer både i SF og Silicon Valley
Churchill Club: http://transition.churchillclub.org/upcomingEvents.jsp
Young Scandinavians Club (hytte på Clear Lake – nord/øst for Golden Gate Bridge og hytte i Lake Tahoe): www.ysc.org
SACC (Swedish American Chamber of Commerce): http://www.sacc-sf.org/calendar/
GABA (German American Business Assc.): http://www.gaba-network.org/pic1/
Silicon Vikings; http://siliconvikings.com/#about-us
Tech Museum: https://www.thetech.org/
Computer History Museum: http://www.computerhistory.org/
Eventbrite – SF Calendar Events
California Academy of Sciences Nightlife hver torsdag - Golden Gate Park: http://www.calacademy.org/nightlife
Kun $15 - ellers koster det minst $35!!! Kjøp billetter online, kom før kl. 18 og still deg i kø. Hent billett til et av Planetarium Show'ene (inkl i inngangsbilletten) med en gang du kommer innenfor.
Sights you must see in SV: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-best-places-to-see-in-silicon-valley-2010-10?op=1
Steve Blank's Visitor's Guide to Silicon Valley: http://steveblank.com/2011/02/22/a-visitors-guide-to-silicon-valley/
- Under the Radar – Silicon Valley’s most effective innovation showcase and business development conference.
- Game Developers Conference (GDC) – The world’s largest and longest-running professionals-only game industry event attracting 22,500 attendees. (March) (@Official_GDC)
- TechCrunch DISRUPT – is a three-day, single-track conference and startup competition addressing what’s changing in technology right now, what’s causing it and what is needs to be done about it to survive and thrive in real time.
- Clean Tech Open – As much of a competition as a conference, this annual event funds and supports Clean Tech Startups.
- DEMO – A popular platform for startups to officially launch their products and services in the Bay Area. (Twice a year, fall and spring)
- GTS – The Global Technology Symposium at Stanford.
- Launch: A conference similar to DEMO in that it is a launchpad for new ventures or ventures introducing new products.
- TieCON – The worlds largest expo for entrepreneurs.
- WorkIT – Compiles many of the conferences and events in the region.
- SF Newtech – SF New Tech is the Bay Area’s largest, longest-running, and most-loved monthly technology event and networking mixer for people who can’t get enough of technology.
- DFJ Thought Leader Series - Featuring talks from leaders in technology, business, finance, education and philanthropy, the DFJ Entrepreneurial Thought Leaders Series continues to educate and inspire.
EMAIL LISTS OF BAY AREA TECH / NETWORKING EVENTS
StartupDigest – Curated guide to the best startup events, people, and products in 48 cities and 5 universities worldwide.
WorkIt.com – Weekly newsletter with upcoming events from hundreds of local organizations.
Meetup.com – Large number of events covering most sectors.
Lanyrd – One of the better directories of events in the bay area.
GENERAL GROUPS FOR TECH NETWORKING
- TechCentralSF – San Francisco’s online directory resource and collaborative community for High Tech, Biotech, and Cleantech with over 1,000 start-up companies and established innovators making breakthroughs across San Francisco. TechCentralSF is a B2B exchange to support entrepreneurs, startups & the SF tech ecosystem.
- Churchill Club – nonprofit organziation with 6,500-members. Churchill club has built a reputation for dynamic, in-the-news programs featuring Silicon Valley CEOs, up-and-coming executives and national business leaders. The events regularly draw more than 400 attendees and give members the opportunity to network with the best of Silicon Valley.
- Stanford University’s Entrepreneurship Corner – Stanford University’s Entrepreneurship Corner offers 2000 free videos and podcasts, featuring entrepreneurship and innovation thought leaders. Start exploring now.
- VLAB / MIT / Stanford Venture Lab – The MIT/Stanford Venture Lab (VLAB) is the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of the MIT Enterprise Forum, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the growth and success of high-tech entrepreneurial ventures by connecting ideas, technology and people.
- Silicon Valley Chapter of the Licensing Executive Society – LES events include monthly luncheons with prominent and informative guest speakers from a variety of professional industries.
- VC Task Force – Provides a forum for many types of investors: LPs, venture capital firms, institutional investors, PE and portfolio company management in which they can share ideas and information that will help them manage their businesses for maximum success.
- Dealmaker Media – Network of innovators who see the opportunities in building relationships and sharing knowledge. From early-stage startups with an eye for disruption, to some of the most influential companies in the world.
DIGITAL STARTUP TOOLS AND RESOURCES
- Y Combinator Startup Library
- Khosla Ventures entrepreneurial resources
- AngelList – AngelList is a community of startups—started by the dudes who do Venture Hacks
- StartupWeekend Resources
- Weebly – Makes it easy to create a content rich website in minutes with multiple features and its free.
- Legal Zoom – Provides you with legal documents that you need for your business.
- Steve Blank – Is one of the startup gurus in the valley and teaches entrepreneurship at UC Berkley, Stanford and Columbia School of Business. His website is an information goldmine for all types of startups.
- Hootsuite – Allowing you to manage your social media presence by cross platform message scheduling and extensive data tracking.
- SpringWise – Your essential fix for entrepreneurial ideas.
- Kauffman Founders School - An online educational resource dedicated to entrepreneurship.
TELECOM NETWORKING GROUPS
Telecom Council of Silicon Valley – The Telecom Council of Silicon Valley connects companies and individuals involved in the region’s Communications Technology industry with one another for business development, collaboration, and education. Using our network, tools, framework, and meetings to bring together the local telecom industry’s critical mass of businesses, research, ideas, capital, and human expertise – the Council is a hub for telecom professionals with 6000 subscribers of their newsletter.
Mobile Monday Silicon Valley – Helping tech professionals based in the San Francisco Bay Area learn more about the mobile industry through monthly presentations and networking events. The events are free, open to everyone and usually held on the first Monday of every month.
TechCrunch – Group-edited blog about technology start-ups, particularly the Web 2.0 sector.
PandoDaily – A news site covering the technology startup ecosystem.
Siliconvalley.com – High-tech and computer related news, with focus on technology related financial news.
VentureBeat – News About Tech, Money and Innovation.
Mashable – Covering digital culture, social media and technology news.
Nordic Web Weekly - all the need-to-know news from The Nordic Startup scene
Silicon Valley Business News - latest news from Silicon Valley and beyond
CB Insights Free newsletter to stay a step ahead on technology trends, venture capital, startups, and the industries of tomorrow.
TechFlash Free newsletter from the Silicon Valley Business Journal
Shifter.no Norges nettsted om startups og den nye økonomien.